• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,988 posts
  • Interests:FF of course
  • Favorite Team:NY Jets

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:17 AM

Weber St. covers!

Dave who is your pick tomorrow??

In the past, many of you have asked us for expert game predictions to help you with your start ‘em, sit ‘em decisions. Frankly, we didn’t feel like we had any differentiated knowledge that could consistently help you—until now.

We have some exciting news to announce. Dave Cokin, nationally renowned sportscaster and ESPN Las Vegas radio host, has given us a very unique opportunity to publish his “GameDay Previews & Predictions” right here on FFToolbox.com. Dave is one of the true insiders of sports and this is truly a special opportunity for us. As you’ll read in his upcoming game breakdowns, he sees games from a different perspective.

Other sites charge thousands of dollars per year for Dave’s analysis. But for a limited time, he is giving his picks to us absolutely free. We are very excited to bring these predictions to you.

We hope you enjoy getting to know Dave Cokin. Starting today, you’ll find his first daily pick under What's New.  And we’ll be discussing Dave’s picks on our message board. 

2s7eu60.jpg

1/12/2013

Take: San Francisco 49ers -3 -- WIN!

Lots of support for the Packers at the betting windows, but I think it's misplaced action. Green Bay will want this in the worst way, but it's still a bad matchup for the Pack. They're at their worst against physical defenses and the 49ers are probably the most physical team in the NFL. GB also can be run on, and that's what SF likes to do the most. This game looks like a rerun of last year's playoff clash as well as the early regular season hookup, which both went to San Francisco. I like the similar result here, and I'm giving the points with the 49ers.

1/13/2013

Seahawks +2.5 -- WIN!

Certainly the case can be made for Atlanta winning this game. The Seahawks just had the long trip last week to Washington, while Atlanta was resting at home. Plus, the Falcons have a great record at home. But this isn't exactly inside information, and it's my belief that the oddsmakers have put this into the number already, nullifying any real edge. In fact, I think it's precisely why Seattle is the side. According the metrics, which have been absolutely terrific in isolating value all season, the Falcons are no better than the Redskins. I think that's pretty accurate, as Washington was a good team by the end of the season. If that's the case, Seattle laying a FG last week and now catching almost the same here is an over the top adjustment for the aforementioned factors. I'm more concerned with what impact the loss of a key member of the defense could have on the Seahawks. But the bottom line is that the road team is more efficient on both offense and defense and when those teams have been underdogs, they've done extremely well this season. The pressure here is all on Atlanta, as they're the top seed but their playoff resume is awful. I think that's a bad combo. Seattle is my pick to win this game, and I'm grabbing the points with the Seahawks to get the money.

ANNOUNCEMENT!

Visit us on our NEW Forums

Your FFToolbox Email is your new account. Click FORGOT Password to create a new password. 

#2 Scott Atkins

Scott Atkins

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

I understand that guys picking games are never perfect, but its fun to follow and ride along with him through the wins and the losses. Everybody goes through streaks, so I'm prepared for it, but I'm enjoying this alot so far.

ANNOUNCEMENT!

Your FFToolbox Email is your new account. Click FORGOT Password to create a new password. 

#3 Scott Atkins

Scott Atkins

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

Monday's Play of the Day

01/14 06:00 PM  CB   (731) WEBER STATE VS (732) IDAHO STATE

Take: (731) WEBER STATE - WIN!

Reason: Good spot for a blowout tonight. Idaho State has won two straight, but this is a terrible team. The Bengals had by far their best game of the year in smashing Northern Colorado, and followed that up with a thrilling road win at Southern Utah on Saturday. That was a big game for Idaho State, as Bill Evans, their new head coach, was at Southern Utah for 15 years. Now they return home to face a well-rested Weber State team that has had a few days off since winning at Southern Utah. One stat tells the story here. Weber State has a better three-point FG percentage than Idaho State has overall. Also worth noting is the fact that Weber State lost on this court last season, so they figure to not take this for granted. Idaho State is not a great threat to sneak through the back door late as they only hit about 29% on their treys. Rare spot where the more motivated team figures to be the far superior road favorite, so that makes this a good opportunity to cash a winner with Weber State minus the points.

ANNOUNCEMENT!

#4 DrHarwoodSBFFC

DrHarwoodSBFFC

Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:Fantasy Football
  • Favorite Team:Tennessee Titans

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

Weber St. covers!

#5 Scott Atkins

Scott Atkins

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:41 AM

01/15 06:00 PM  CB   (529) WISCONSIN VS (530) INDIANA

Take: (530) INDIANA

Reason: Real good spot for Indiana. The Hoosiers got a grand total of three points from their bench on Saturday, and as a result they turned a complete romp against Minnesota into a game that actually got pretty close late. But the Indy starters were completely dominant in that game, and I like them to own Wisconsin here. The Badgers were good to us on Saturday as they played a near perfect first half and crushed Illinois. But this is not one of Bo Ryan's better teams in my opinion and unless they have hot shooting nights, I'm expecting them to have trouble on the Big 10 road. Looking at the various matchup categories, Indiana has an edge virtually across the board. After frittering away that huge lead on Saturday, I'd expect a more focused 40 minutes here, and the Hoosiers would also like to avenge the conference tourney loss they absorbed to this team last March. Steep number reflects the basic difference between these teams, and the situation favors the hosts. Indiana should win this big and I'm laying the points.

Weber St. covers!

I was hoping to see Louisville as the Play of the Day. Thought that looked like a lock to me. Let's hope the Hoosiers handle their business tonight. Wisconsin is a damn fine basketball team,  but I'm sure Zeller will come up huge tonight. 

ANNOUNCEMENT!

#6 DrHarwoodSBFFC

DrHarwoodSBFFC

Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

I played Louisville last night too---they scared me early but when they loosened up, they took care of business.

#7 Scott Atkins

Scott Atkins

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

45 minutes until tip-off! Should be a fun one!!

ANNOUNCEMENT!

#8 DrHarwoodSBFFC

DrHarwoodSBFFC

Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

Can Indiana come back...they are down 6 with about 8 minutes left.

I think they have a run coming.

#9 Scott Atkins

Scott Atkins

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

Houston Rockets at Indiana Pacers
by Dave Cokin, Friday, January 18, 2013

Take: (808) INDIANA PACERS

Reason: The Rockets have been a major surprise this season, but they're limping badly right now. Houston is on its worst skid of the season, and they're in trouble tonight. The Pacers should be seething following a miserable effort at Orlando on Wednesday. Current season situational trends say this is all Pacers. Houston is just 1-6 SU/ATS on the road off a loss. Indiana is a stellar 7-0, 6-1 back home off a defeat. Look for a strong showing by the hosts tonight, meaning the Pacers minus the points are the play.

ANNOUNCEMENT!

#10 DrHarwoodSBFFC

DrHarwoodSBFFC

Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

Dave Cokin---any recent picks?

#11 Scott Atkins

Scott Atkins

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

Sorry man, we've been out in Vegas for the FSTA. 

Dave’s Free Play, Tuesday 1/22/13

Still perfect on the ice with a 2-0 sweep on Monday night. Oklahoma was a ridiculous loser in college hoops on Monday night. Fortunately, the free opinion on Baylor got there, although the more I see of the Bears the less I like them. Tuesday’s comp selection is a prime scheduling and situational spot.

01/22 03:30 PM CB (509) IOWA VS (510) OHIO STATE

Take: (510) OHIO STATE

Ohio State has some flaws, but the Buckeyes are very nicely spotted to deliver a knockout tonight as they host Iowa. The time to get on the hosts lately has been off a loss, as they’re an impressive 8-1 against the number following their last nine defeats. On the flip side, Iowa is off a huge win against Wisconsin before a very fired up and sold out audience this past Saturday. The Hawkeyes were a big play for me in that game, and that sets up this fade opportunity. No bargain on the number, but the situation is a strong one, so I’ll back Ohio State minus the points.

ANNOUNCEMENT!

#12 Scott Atkins

Scott Atkins

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

Todays pick is up!

http://www.fftoolbox...e_vs_oregon.cfm

ANNOUNCEMENT!

#13 Scott Atkins

Scott Atkins

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

01/24 07:00 PM CB (545) SAN FRANCISCO (546) PORTLAND

Take: (546) PORTLAND

Not a whole lot of eyes figure to be focused on a bland matchup between San Francisco and Portland. But I think there’s a right side here, and I’m going to make a case for the Pilots to pick up a win at home. Portland does not have much talent, and they are truly a collection of brick shooters. San Francisco has some talent, but let’s just say that if this were baseball, the Dons would be called one of those teams that doesn’t like to get the uniforms dirty. Rex Walters is simply not getting the most from his roster and that goes a long way toward explaining why this team has hit the skids in a big way following a nice start to the campaign. Portland has no shot against good teams, but when they drop in class or face a flat opponent, that extra effort can get them some wins. San Francisco wins this on paper. But they’re playing on a basketball court and I’d rather give the nod to the home dog that will likely want it more. Portland plus the small spot for the Thursday free play.

ANNOUNCEMENT!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: handicapping, dave cokin, against the spread, game forecast, game predictions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users