Scott Atkins

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts
  • Interests:FF of course
  • Favorite Team:NY Jets

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:56 PM

Unless Vernon Davis or Boldin have a 60+ game in them, we can crown our new champion....

bannerfans_9900370.jpg

Congratulations to Glenn Lowy for winning the 2013 Fantasy Football World Championship! He overcomes the lead from #1 ranked Chad Schroeder, who definitely had the edge heading into this weekend, but we all know the swings from week to week here in FF land. Chad has done a fine job and likely holds on for 2nd place overall. 

I spoke to Glenn before the Philly/Chicago game and he was his normal humble self, but he had a little pep in his voice, something that said, "I finally did it."... Yes... yes you did Glenn..

Glenn becomes just our 2nd World Champion here at the FFWC after a very impressive showing by Peyton and company. Speaking for all of us Emil, Ian, Cindie, Garrett and myself, we are thrilled for you and couldn't ask for a more deserving Champion. We can't wait to party with you out in Vegas for the big game! For those of you that missed it, he was our guest on Red vs Blue a few weeks back. 

Here's the winning roster: 

winning_lineup_2013.png

And here's a look back at his championship Draft from the 3 hole. 

winning_draft_board_2013.png

Here's a look at his winning bidding strategy: (Keenan Allen, Zac Stacy and the Rams D)

winning_waivers_2013.png

We will continue to explore his Championship and we have until July to do it! Great job Glenn! Very happy for you!!

ANNOUNCEMENT!

Visit us on our NEW Forums

Your FFToolbox Email is your new account. Click FORGOT Password to create a new password. 

#2 Coyote Streakers

Coyote Streakers

Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:23 PM

Congratulations Glenn!  A very deserving champ and one of the best players in the industry.

#3 BrothersMayhem

BrothersMayhem

Mega-Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Interests:Fantasy Football, poker & enjoying Life
  • Favorite Team:Carolina Panthers

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:30 AM

Congratulations!!!!!

“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

#4 Mike - Red vs Blue

Mike - Red vs Blue

Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:All sports, gambling, cooking, and Friends
  • Favorite Team:Dallas Cowboys

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:00 AM

Awesome Job Glenn!!!  Wasn't sure if you had enough to run down Chad, but you did!  YOU are a CHAMPION!! 

#5 Coots

Coots

Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:21 AM

Glenn is one of the best dudes I know in this industry..  Couldn't be happier for you and your family Glenn..  This cements you as one of the best in the game for sure, something all of us high stakes players have known for a long time.

Congrats again Glenn..

#6 Glenneration X

Glenneration X

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Favorite Team:Jets

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:12 AM

Thank you Scott, Mike, Brothers, Mike, and Shawn.  There's still one game to go, so I don't want to get too far ahead of myself.  As we all know, anything's possible in this game we love to play. 

Still, I wanted to thank you guys for your kind words.  I also want to thank those who've reached out to me privately, especially Chad.  Last night's game wasn't even cold when he called to give me his congrats.  A total class act and easily one of the greatest, if not the greatest player in this hobby.

One more thing.....Shawn, you're proving yourself one of the greats of this game yourself with your efforts in the FBG contest.  Amazing run.  Good luck tonight and great job.

Thanks again everyone.  It's truly appreciated.

#7 bockman

bockman

Super-Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Football Beer collecting, Hiking
  • Favorite Team:Packers

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:27 AM

congrats glen well done

when you figure out you can't figure it out you are almost there

#8 Scott Atkins

Scott Atkins

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:56 AM

It must be a crazy morning after you've just won $150,000 playing Fantasy Football...

ANNOUNCEMENT!

Your FFToolbox Email is your new account. Click FORGOT Password to create a new password. 

#9 Fro

Fro

Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:10 PM

Congrats Glen.   Hugeness

#10 BillyWaz

BillyWaz

Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Favorite Team:Pittsburgh Steelers

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:19 PM

Congrats to Glenn!  Was always considered one of the best in my book.....this just is "icing on the cake".

In looking at his draft, it shows that you can have a few "swings and misses" (and Jordy has really suffered without Rodgers), but if you are diligent on the waiver wire (Keenan Allen and Zac Stacy were HUGE pickups) you too can win $150,000!!

It really is that easy...........shaaaaaaa, right! (Wayne's World reference).

Well deserved sir! :)

#11 Glenneration X

Glenneration X

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:54 AM

Thanks Bockman, Fro, and Billy.

Billy, you're absolutely right.  Manning, DT, and Charles may have made up the heart of my team, but Zac Stacy and Keenan Allen were without a doubt the keys to where this team was able to go.

And Scott, yes for some reason I have awoken with a smile the last couple days.  :)    And now that it's finally official, I can react the way I've been holding back until now......Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to everyone who's reached out to me the last couple days.  It's been the icing on the cake hearing or reading everyone's kind words.  It's truly appreciated. This is a special community we've built in our high stakes arena, one that's filled with great players who are also great people.

And thanks to Ian, Emil, Scott, and Cindie for putting together this great contest.  You stepped in when the high stakes arena needed a boost after the debacle of the WCOFF's last couple years and filled the hole with a great contest that in only two years has helped bring integrity back to our game.  It's greatly appreciated.

Catch you guys in Sin City Super Bowl weekend.  I can't wait.  Thanks again and a Happy Holiday season to all.

#12 Dez

Dez

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Favorite Team:Cleveland Browns

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:03 PM

Congrats Glenn well done!

2012 NFFC Online Champion ($100,000 winner) (1872 teams)
2012 NFFC Online 4th Place ($10,000 winner) (1872 teams)
2013 FFPC 16th place overall (5808 teams)
Charleston Chimeras 1998 1999 2003 2005 2006 2009 2010 Champions   (Dynasty 1997-2013)
Charlotte Cobras 2010 2012 Champions (Dynasty 2010-2013)
Colorado Vipers 1991 1996 2003 Champions (ReDraft 1990-2013)
Minnesota Muskrats 1995 1998 2000 2001 2006 2007 2009 2013 Champions  (ReDraft 1994-2013)
Blue Dragons  2012 2nd Place
Wyverns  2nd Place 
Gryphons 2013 Champion 2012 2nd Place 
Dragons
Vesper Lynds (16 team Dynasty 2012-2013)

#13 Glenneration X

Glenneration X

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:52 AM

Congrats Glenn well done!

Thank you very much Henry.  I hope you and everyone on these boards had a great Christmas. 

#14 Steele Boyz

Steele Boyz

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Favorite Team:Colts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:30 AM

My first post here to congratulate a great player. Way to go Glenn!

#15 Glenneration X

Glenneration X

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:04 AM

My first post here to congratulate a great player. Way to go Glenn!

Thank you Russ, I appreciate the kind words.  Catch you soon Bud.

#16 hitters

hitters

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Favorite Team:New Orleans Saints

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:22 PM

Congratulations Glenn...you are a very deserving champion and regarded as one of the best fantasy players in the industry! I am so happy for you and your family! Terrific accomplishment!

Enjoy the moment and have a Happy New Year!

#17 Scott Atkins

Scott Atkins

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:01 PM

Aaah... love crowning our Champion at the Super Bowl party at the Mirage in Las Vegas...

Matt, champ.. you had a great run my man, and you'll always be our first Champion, but there's a new kid in town...

FFWCJersey201.png

ANNOUNCEMENT!

#18 THE HAMMER

THE HAMMER

Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:07 PM

Aaah... love crowning our Champion at the Super Bowl party at the Mirage in Las Vegas...

Matt, champ.. you had a great run my man, and you'll always be our first Champion, but there's a new kid in town...

FFWCJersey201.png

very cool Scott....

congrats Glenn

#19 Scott Atkins

Scott Atkins

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:57 AM

Hey guys, I'm getting ready for my flight to Vegas to hang with the Champ Glenn Lowy this weekend. 

I'll still be doing Red vs Blue Friday night and we're working hard on Toolbox to get the NFL Draft and Nascar sections rolling. We just launched Golf a few weeks back, Daily Golf launched this week (and yes I'm playing...), and our FREE 2014 Game 7 Fantasy Baseball Kit is coming soon too! Your very own high stakes pro Shawn Childs, will be providing top notch fantasy advice for baseball on Toolbox this year! 

If I can help you with anything, as always, don't hesitate to email me scott@fftoolbox.com 

PS... won $850 last night on NBA over at DraftKings! If you want to give NBA a shot, email me and I can send you a link to signup where we both get a bonus! 

-Scott

ANNOUNCEMENT!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users